4 months ago
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Platform Software to join our team in [[location]]. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Commercial Systems Platform SW Team. In this role the ideal candidate will participate in the development of state-of-the-art, industry-leading platform software for commercial jet aircraft. You will be a part of the Platform Software team to design, architect, and maintain software on brand new technology, including Airborne Electronic Hardware and System on a Chip processors as well as legacy equipment. You will be working closely with Hardware, Airborne Electronic Hardware, Applications, and the Systems team. This is a chance to gain a wide understanding of Air Transport Architecture as well as Business and Regional Architecture.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience in writing software requirements, software design and implementation, functional and integration testing, writing test cases and test procedures, and software delivery support.
* Experience with DO-178B/C (DAL A or B preferred)
* Effective and easily-engaged communicator
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with various teams
* Ability to identify complex problems, and develop and evaluate options and solutions
* Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships
* Strong contributor to a positive work environment that focuses on solutions
* C / C++ programming experience
* Proficiency with modern software development best practices and configuration management tools
* Experience with designing architectures
* Experience with partitioned operating systems and display systems (LynxOS and VxWorks preferred)
* Experience with ARINC 615A Dataload, Networking (ASL/Enet Device Driver/Protocol libraries), File systems, Health Monitor, Boot, or Board Support Package
* Experience with ARINC 664 Switch Software
* Experience with Multicore processors and hypervisors
* Expertise leading a low-level software development and verification team
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.