3 months ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2087, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Software development and verification of safety-critical real-time embedded software for commercial aircraft systems. Ideal candidate will have a strong, practical DO-178B verification background in safety-critical real-time embedded software for aircraft systems; will be technically proficient with low-level software (e.g. device drivers, board support packages, built-in test) and will be fully fluent in C and assembly; will have extensive experience writing software planning documents per certification authorities (e.g. customer DERs, FAA, EASA, TCCA) and compliance audits (e.g. SOI).
• Develops complex conceptual and detailed design specifications by analyzing product performance and customer requirements. Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of safety-critical real-time embedded software by applying engineering principles and developing new or unique analysis tools as required.
• Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Oversees and monitors product acceptance procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis). Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
• Completes technical project elements (e.g. preparation of product or system layout; defining system architecture; creating software development plans; etc.) as assigned. Develops critical data and analysis necessary to present technical product and/or system proposals to customers.
• Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements). Maintain efforts within defined cost and schedule constraints, including statusing and root cause/corrective actions of associated variances. May act as Control Account Manager for projects applying Earned Value Management.
• Reviews product specifications and/or modifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Troubleshoots design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
• Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams applying consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
• Conducts complex analysis and devises tests to validate performance in the development of new products, methods, materials or processes. Completes required documentation, generates detailed reports, creates customer proposals and presentations and/or change proposals. Determines required actions, performs or directs completion of tasks, and publishes findings and/or results.
• Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data, develop acceptance, engineering evaluation, development and qualification/certification test plans, procedures, and reports.
• May communicate with customers to identify new business opportunities, present Parker product capabilities, and clarify customers’ technical requirements. May write technical proposals for customers by reviewing and interpreting specifications and requirements.
• Mentors or serves as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others. Establishes goals and objectives and tracks performance required to complete projects.
• Updates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
• Bachelors degree (BS) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Masters degree (MS) preferred. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience.
• Comprehensive advanced knowledge of real-time embedded software at both high and low levels, strong familiarity with RTCA/DO-178 certification objectives, expert level fluency with ANSI/MISRA C and assembly, and aircraft systems software development.
• Demonstrated ability to investigate and implement new technologies.
• Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
• Ability to establish individual objectives to complete projects and provide status to the team at project milestones. Ability to effectively influence the overall team and functional objectives.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
• Proficient with standard project management tools and practices.
• Ability to apply Earned Value Management (EVM) principles to manage scope, schedule and cost objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor