Leonardo - Engineering the Future.
We are an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable smart solutions.
We employ 7,000 people across the UK with 2,000 based at our Edinburgh site.
In addition to achieving Investors in People accreditation we have won the Queen's Awards for Enterprise and International Trade.
We are currently entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology. With a large proportion of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals.
We currently have exciting opportunities and are looking for creative software engineers to join our team responsible for designing and developing advanced software solutions for our high quality products at our Edinburgh facility. You will develop software test capability for a number of complex products.
We would like to hear from you if you relish a challenge; you demonstrate a flair for thinking out of the box and are passionate about a successful and rewarding career.
You can rest assured that you will be able to tap into a wealth of help and knowledge to assist in your tasks and also further broaden your horizons.
You will be based in the beautiful city of Edinburgh and we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships and many other incentives.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Software development may include the full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, coding and unit test; to integrating the software with the hardware target; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to the customer.
- As a software engineer, you will be responsible for creating high quality and robust code; for fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and reports on progress to your supervisor.
- You will be expected to complete tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures and take an active role in engineering process improvement.
- You will work closely with experienced and multi-disciplined engineers to solve real problems.
- Most training will be delivered via on-the-job experience whilst working within a Common Delivery Team delivering software solutions to our customers.
- Additional formal technical training to augment the on-the-job training may be provided via taught courses depending on the business requirements.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- The successful candidate will have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation.
- Experience of developing software in the C programming language is preferred but consideration would be given to those with C++ / Object Orientated experience who would wish to learn to develop software in the C language.
- Experience of the National Instruments LabWindows/CVI, TestStand toolset would be an advantage
- Developing software for complex system environments.
- Good knowledge of developing software within a development process framework
- Good understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools. The Dimensions SCM tool is currently utilised within the work area.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in most areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to implementation, integration test and delivery.
- You will be an effective communicator and a team player.