SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Exciting new permanent opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing and ambitious engineering company in Bedfordshire.
The ideal candidate will be expected to be competence in software engineering or a technical field and at least 3 years of software development experience. You will be involved in all development areas, and demonstrate a proven track record in both problem solving and quality software development.
You will be comfortable working within a team and in a multidisciplinary environment and have good communication skills. You will also be able to demonstrate systems engineering experience, technical competency in high level languages, a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for innovative technology.
* Primarily, your role will be to design, develop and test software systems to support both experimental activities and product development. Specifically, this will include the harmonisation of real time avionics databases used both on-board and off-board aircraft.
* You will be responsible for delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work and writing and submitting any necessary documentation.
* General tasks related to business delivery (e.g. contributions to experimental procedures).
*The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company. The successful candidate will be required to be security cleared to SC.
* Full lifecycle development
* Java, GUI SQL Databases
* Database design, implementation and maintenance
* Linux and Windows development
* Multi-threading experience
* Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
* Service orientated architectures
* Agile methods (Scrum or similar)