8 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Electronic Information Systems (EIS) Business Area provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
Our Los Gatos, CA office is currently developing a number of new products, and we need professionals who want to work within a small and dynamic engineering team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you should have a passion for processing high-rate signal data in our digital receiver systems and designing visual interfaces allowing users to rapidly understand the signal environment.
Our systems are used for monitoring the RF spectrum, analyzing signals and direction finding. You enjoy working across the engineering spectrum by selecting and using tools, operating systems, architectures, and test methods.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
* Learn about and become a subject matter expert on Electronics Intelligence (ELINT) and Electronic Support Measure (ESM) systems and the missions they support
* Use your Java experience and passion to design exceptional human interfaces making our systems more capable and usable
* Define and develop system control and data transport software for our servers and embedded processors
* Work closely with algorithm designers, digital system builders and system engineers to create clean and modular interfaces
* Work on development of systems from concept, through design and final acceptance testing
* Work directly with the lead system engineer through the requirements, implementation, and integration and test development phases
* Support peer reviews, bug tracking, and Configuration management (CM)
* Create software development plans, requirements, design documents, and test plans
* Troubleshoot software operating within an integrated system
* Interact with customers to develop functional performance requirements and define user interfaces
* Lead a team of SW engineers
* Travel to various locations to assist with system testing, attend Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and collaborate with customers and other SNC personnel
* BS or MS in a related field and at least 8+ years of experience
* Proficient using C and C++ to develop software for embedded systems and server based signal processing applications using the VX Works or Linux operating systems
* Experience translating real time data into intuitive user displays and controls
* Familiarity with developing Java based Graphical User Interfaces
* Experience with version control and bug tracking tools
* Experience optimizing code for specific hardware characteristics
* RF systems and Digital Signal Processing
* Scripting using Python, Perl, POSIX or BASH
* Automated software test
* Database Design and SQL
* Secure coding and the Risk Management Framework
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.