6 months ago
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A"), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their top-tier team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
* Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
* Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
* Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 14 years’ experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
* Experience working Spark, Kafka, and NiFi
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required):
* Experience developing in an HPC environment
* Proficiency in Object Oriented programming using modern OO languages such as Java, Python, or Scala
* Experience working with complex software architectures
* Demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Accumulo or Elasticsearch
* Experience with multiple mainstream programming languages, such as Java, Python, and Scala
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)