about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10386
Location: US - California - San Luis Obispo
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
Part of AMETEK’s Measurement, Communication & Testing Division, the Sensors, Test and Calibration Business Unit is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and developers of calibration instruments for temperature, pressure and process signals, and temperature sensors.
Come and enjoy the benefits of a large, international company in a small, family-like atmosphere.
Job Responsibilities include:
• The creation and maintenance of applications and services used to manage information systems and Calibration Lab infrastructure.
• The creation and maintenance of AMETEK ST&C Test and Calibration’s customer applications.
• Providing new technology guidance to keep our systems relevant and leverage new automation techniques.
• Designing robust software and system architectures that are easy to test, and use clear patterns and practices.
• Mentoring less experienced software engineering colleagues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Eight to ten years of experience in the software engineering field, using Microsoft .NET Framework and C# language, Nuget, NPM, Yarn, React, Microsoft SQL Server, RavenDB, LiteDB, Redis, Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy.
• Experience with designing software architectures on large systems.
• Understanding of system orchestration and how to deploy dependent versions across multiple systems in one release.
• Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Individuals must be able to present and discuss project plans, requirements, test results, etc., in a team-based work environment.
Our colleagues enjoy:
• A competitive salary
• Immediate vesting in our 401k plan
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan options, starting the first day of the month following your date of hire
• Up to $10,000 per year towards support of continuing education
If you share in our core belief of “Quality without Compromise”, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.