4 months ago
Senior Radar Signal Processing Engineer
Job ID: 447413BR Date posted: Aug. 15, City: Moorestown State: New JerseyProgram: RMS Radar
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Radar Systems Engineering within the Mission Systems Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking a candidate for the development, implementation, and testing of signal processing algorithms for high performance Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel is required.
The Radar Signal Processing Engineer will:
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions.
- Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Research, design, and implement new algorithms to enhance signal processing capabilities.
- Develop models and detailed simulations to assess system performance.
- Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
- Represent the organization on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent combined with 6+ years of related experience.
- Functional knowledge of Radar or Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, subsystems and components.
- Experience in Radar or EW system modeling, signal processing, or algorithm development.
- High proficiency in Matlab or Python.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent with work in one or more of the following areas: waveform design, adaptive filtering, multi-variate statistics, compressive sensing, numerical optimization, or deep learning.
- Experience developing test vectors and analysis tools for radar modeling, radar signal processing, or algorithm development.
- Electronic attack and electronic protection (EA/EP) experience developing algorithms for waveform selection, interference mitigation, or dynamic response selection and control.
- Technical leadership experience with IRAD or program execution.
- Demonstrated analytical, applied mathematics and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance or higher.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First