3 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer / Aerospace - 1084846
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle
professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and
drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea,
space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community,
NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering,
logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and
fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Senior Quality Engineer
This is a full time quality engineering role. In this
position, you will be required to work directly with suppliers and KBR to
satisfy quality standards, strategy and schedule expectations in the
manufacturing of aerospace and electronic components.
As a Field Quality Representative, you will be required to
interact with all levels of supplier management. Organizationally, you will
report directly to the Manager of Field Quality Engineers. You will be expected
to travel in support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a
majority of your time at supplier facilities. As our clients point of contact
(POC) within the supply base in the direct support of OEM site requirements,
* Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of advanced quality processes including statistically based variation reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing Process Control.
* Evaluate prospective supplier quality systems and conduct gap analysis where required
* Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements (including international regulation coordination issues)
* Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and related improvements within the supply base.
* Prepare progress reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality and cost effectiveness from the suppliers
* Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc.
You will be responsible for quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, First Article Inspection Requirements (FAIR), Self-Release and product audits, as well as coordination of Quality System (AS 9100) compliance audits and special process oversight. In addition, you will be responsible for training and deployment of Manufacturing Process
* Control, variation reduction, quality requirement compliance, Six Sigma, and other Honeywell sponsored supplier initiatives.
US citizen or US permanent resident required due to government contracts.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience with 5 years of experience in manufacturing/assembly operations, quality engineering (design or manufacturing), and materials/procurement; preferably in aerospace electronics; these areas may be replaced by related military experience.
Demonstrated self-starter & the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and improvements.
Good communication skills with the ability to provide a clear vision of the strategy and processes for key stakeholders.
High level of analytical ability to identify and evaluate appropriate courses of action for definition and resolution of complex problems.
3 years of experience working with suppliers preferred.
Certified Green Belt or equivalent; Lean Expert or Black Belt preferred.
Experience with Automotive or Aerospace products preferred
Additional experience or training in RCCA, Process Mapping, FMEAs and Control Plans or APQP/PPAP preferred.
Experience using Six Sigma Plus tools preferred.
* Self‐motivated and able to get results with minimal supervision and oversight.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
* Hands‐on experience with quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, inspection of hardware and paperwork, First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR), product and process audits, FAA audits, direct ship audits, and special process audits.
* Fostering Teamwork & Diversity: high level of interpersonal skills is required to handle difficult situations as well as to diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law
- Quality Engineering