3 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This is an exciting time in Honeywell Aerospace, and here is a great opportunity to showcase your technical skills.
This position will located be in Urbana, OH. In this role, the Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring product and process, and regulatory compliance. The individual will also identify quality improvement opportunities with the intent to increase defect detection, drive escape containment, and support the RCCA process while working directly with Product Engineering, Repair Development Engineering, production/line personnel and members of the Customer Quality teams. The QE identifies opportunities and provides organizational leadership to create a quality competitive advantage for Honeywell AERO and its Customers.
* Provide support to site quality teams to assure Quality and Operational goals/objectives are met.
* Identify, lead, and execute projects utilizing cross-functional teams to standardize and lean/simplify quality systems, processes and procedures with a significant focus on product escape reduction.
* Develop key process measures to determine process effectiveness and areas for improvement.
* Utilize enablers — Honeywell Operating System, Six Sigma/ Lean to identify best practices and drive continuous quality improvement.
* Drive real time RPS (Rapid Problem Solving) and RCCA that involve floor personnel in the prevention of defects and customer Escapes.
* Review product/processes and associated build documentation to validate product/build conformity and make recommendations, as well as execute changes to improve product quality, yields and reduce escapes.
* Utilizes e-CATS and process improvement tools techniques, coordinate with internal and external customers, suppliers and functional teams to resolve quality issues and lead root cause/cause chain determinations as well as development of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
* Establish and mature an organization wide Internal Audit Program that validates site compliance to FAA part 43, 145 and 121 requirements as well as AS9100.
* Active participation for audit processes including customer survey requests, on-site audits for customers, regulatory, government, both foreign and domestic, and internal network.
* Perform review of contractual documents and customer requirements to assure compliance with customer, regulatory and authorizing documents in support of Product Verification Audits.
* Supports data gathering activity for the Customer Satisfaction Board investigations as required.
* Interface directly with members of the Customer Business Team and Customer Quality team regarding escapes analysis, Cause Chains, Customer Reporting, and RCCA completion activities to address Customer and leadership requests.
* Develop training to ensure the Quality System is understood and executed by associates with influence on product, regulatory or process quality.
* Understand and support the deployment of our safety philosophy.
Lead Process Improvements
Drive technical solutions
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or a technical discipline or 8+ years applicable engineering, manufacturing and/or quality systems experience may be considered.
* 5+ years experience in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality systems is required.
* Greenbelt/Black Belt/Lean Certification or ability to achieve within 12 months.
* Proficiency in computer/PC skills, mainframe and Windows applications.
* Proficiency with AS9100, FAA Part 121, Part 43, and Part 145 is preferred.
* Proven problem solving skills, including Cause Chain Analysis skills, RCCA, ability to interpret data, define actions, and implement solutions. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions. Knowledge and application of statistical analysis methods is preferred.
* Adept in soliciting facts and opinions from all team members, and creating a constructive and open environment for sharing data. Capable of deciding and communicating to team members why certain facts or recommendations prevailed over others.
* Ability to quickly gain an understanding of multiple data inputs, intuitively assimilating seemingly disparate information and rendering clear and connected direction.
* Ability to identify and mitigate risk to achieve positive outcomes. Specifically, capable of taking action that accomplishes step-function improvement and utilizes all global resources and capabilities to improve company performance.
* Effective interpersonal skills to interface within and between organizations. Capable of working across the Aerospace organization collaboratively to establish a MOR process that continually drives improvements.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* 1st Shift
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* Job ID: HRD55926
* Category: Integrated Supply Chain
* Location: 515 N Russell St, Urbana, OH 43078 USA
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.