8 days ago
Boeing Test & Evaluation is seeking an experienced Quality Specialist for the Metrology & Test Equipment Services (MATES) team. The qualified candidate will support an enterprise-wide team providing solutions to, and compliance for processes and procedures.
* Lead process improvement projects
* Conduct internal audits / lab assessments, document findings, and lead resolution
* Support efforts to develop and deploy quality performance analytics
* Review / audit quality management system artifacts / deliverables
* Leads integration of contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals and program processes and documentation
* Provides interpretation of complex requirements
* Develops quality metrics, design and production certification plans for large programs to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements
* Develops Quality criteria to support supplier selection activities
* Develops and selects methods for analysis, testing and audit to ensure manufacturing and test readiness
* Develops and implements corrective actions
* Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions
* Performs benchmarking and other forms of advanced analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved
Metrology And Test Equipment Services (MATES) provides a full spectrum of test asset and metrology services and support for internal customers and products through all phases of the product lifecycle. Services include: test asset selection and use, acquisition, allocation, resource and lifecycle management, calibration/certification for dimensional/optics, electrical/electronic and mechanical/physical measurement and test assets, sourcing management, measurement solutions, repair & maintenance and specialized test services.
MATES is comprised of engineers, technicians and administrative personnel who support Boeing programs, business units and external/government customers by providing best value test asset management and metrology services through all phases of the product lifecycle. We are responsible and accountable to meet or exceed the safety, quality, cost, and delivery performance expectations established in customer negotiated service agreements.
What is metrology? Metrology is the science of measurement. It establishes an unbroken chain of traceability from the measurement & test equipment (M&TE) on the factory floor or in the lab, allowing it to be referenced to higher levels of measurements back to the original definition of the unit. Boeing relies on traceable M&TE to ensure that our manufacturing processes, research & technology, and test & evaluation activities are repeatable and reproducible.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
* Bachelor's degree in an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
* Experience conducting root cause analysis and developing/implementing corrective action plans
* Experience with Quality Assurance processes and flows
* Experience conducting internal audits
* Experience interfacing with external auditors
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award