10 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer
US - PA - Morgantown
Maintain quality assurance program in accordance with the latest applicable customer and industry requirements (e.g., ISO 9001/AS9100), which includes procedure revisions and process map development; works closely with manufacturing and all the quality personnel as well as external suppliers and customers; oversees quality of Electron Beam Plasma Arc, Vacuum Arc Remelt and PREP Powder Furnaces as well as TIMET's conversion processes to ensure TIMET remains in the #1 seat in the Aerospace Markets
* Schedule and maintain supplier and internal audit program, including hazard review risk assessments.
* Conduct internal audits and complete reports.
* Maintain approved supplier listing and audit schedules.
* Conduct internal auditor training and maintain auditor qualification program.
* Prepare and conduct bi-annual Management Review Meetings (Quality Team Meetings).
* Facilitate external (customer and third party) quality systems audits of the Morgantown plant.
* Maintain Corrective action program including monthly updates and reporting.
* Provide monthly updates for Opportunities for improvement and procedure Review status.
* Support STAR (quality systems database) development with Quality Assurance activities (internal audits, CAR system, Nonconformance system, etc.) and conduct STAR-related training as necessary.
* Coordinate and control the status of and response to Morgantown customer complaints.
* Establish training programs as necessary to keep personnel updated in customer quality requirements.
* Conduct new hire and refresher quality training as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in engineering related field or equivalent field;
Minimum of 3 years related engineering experience
2 or more years’ manufacturing experience within a quality department.
Experience with Quality assurance/engineering principles, quality management systems, ISO 9001, AS 9100 required
Metals industry experience is a plus.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook); Minitab or other statistical software experience is preferred.
TIMET/Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.