9 months ago
Maintains the gauge database and gauge calibration. Is one of our primary internal auditors. Performs regular checks of electrostatic discharge protection equipment. Performs regular particle counts in clean rooms. Assists with inspection of product as needed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Maintain gauge database
* Maintain proper calibration status of gauges, planning their re-calibration so as to minimize the impact on production.
* Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
* Initiate nonconformance reports (NC and NCMRs) as required
* Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
* Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
* Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with management system requirements, through internal audits and corrective actions.
* Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
* Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed.
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
* Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
* As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspection.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
* 5-10 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
* Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.) preferred.
* As required by site, knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of higher precision measuring or Non-Destructive Evaluation equipment.
* Minimum (5) years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
* Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
* Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Good administration and organization skills.
* Experience with MS Windows, Excel and Word.
* Proficient with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math).
* Knowledge and ability to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.