8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar withus.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
This position is with the Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) Mechanical Components Organization. This organization is responsible for integrating over 75 mechanical components across Pratt&Whitney PurePower engines with world renowned suppliers in the field of actuation devices, fuel and oil valves, buffer and bleed air valves, solenoids, heat exchangers, buffer air coolers, fuel filtration and assemblies, fuel ecology systems and pumps, and many other mechanical components/systems with 11 suppliers. The successful candidate will exercise the engineering design review process to develop component/system requirements, perform preliminary and critical design reviews, and validate design through analysis and testing and transition product into production. This position will require the candidate to communicate across internal/external stakeholders including structural engineering, quality, materials engineering, design drafting, supply chain and external stakeholders such as environmental test facilities. Responsibilities also include, but not limited to, field and engine assembly investigations, financial/budgetary management, develop / maintain master project schedules aligned with customer program schedules and close interaction/coordination with suppliers to ensure milestones and/or program schedules are meeting/exceeding customer commitments.
* Minimum 5 years experience with aerospace heat exchangers.
* Possess strong communication skills, project engineering skills and technical aptitude capable of leading all engineering efforts at the component supplier that are aligned with customer objectives.
* Must be capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and presenting to various levels of management at the supplier, UTAS and customer.
* Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project and Power Point required.
* Must have experience in the design, manufacture and testing of large commercial cooling systems that integrate into commercial engines for use in today's revenue service passenger airplanes.
* Skills in Air Oil Cooler, Buffer Air Cooler, Surface Air Oil Cooler, Fuel Oil Cooler and other pertinent heat exchanger / cooler mechanical engineering design efforts preferably in an Aerospace environment is preferred.
* Experience outside of aerospace industry in large commercial / military environmental cooling systems.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or advanced degree is preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.