about 1 year ago
Job Code :
Tampa FL US 33626
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
HEICO Aerospace – Seal Dynamics LLC
Senior Project Engineer
Location: Tampa, FLJob Category: Engineering
Status: Full Time, EmployeeEducation Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Shift: First Shift (Day)
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
HEICO is currently recruiting a Senior Project Engineer for its Seal Dynamics Business Unit, located in Tampa, FL.
* Analyze existing commercial aircraft components in order to reverse engineer them and develop equivalent parts with improved performance and cost savings
* Use inspection equipment such as an optical comparator, coordinate measuring machine (CMM), optical equipment, pin gages, calipers, micrometers, etc. in the analysis and reverse engineering of aircraft parts
* Demonstrated proficiency in design specification definition and interpretation, dimensional tolerance analysis and have an understanding of material properties for the purpose of reverse engineering commercial aircraft components
* Demonstrated proficiency in developing models and drawings and an understanding of GD&T.
* Develop documentation to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory process
* Work with in-house engineers in material analysis and have a basic understanding of material processes and characteristics
* Act as liaison with our manufacturing sources for products designed by Seal Dynamics
* Manage and participate in all aspects of reverse engineering a product, develop FAA certification documentation and provide manufacturing and product support
* Support Seal Dynamics’ customers with technical and on-site support
* This position may require 5-15% travel to visit airline engineering departments, overhaul facilities and the Federal Aviation Administration offices
Job Requirements :
EDUCATION / PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Mechanical/Aerospace engineering degree with at least eight (8) years of related experience
* Have knowledge of and experience with commercial aircraft part development, including regulatory requirements and specification.
* Demonstrated proficiency and industry experience in developing drawings and 3D solid modeling (Solidworks experience a plus)
* Hands on manufacturing and machine shop experience and familiarity of various materials processing techniques is a plus
* Demonstrated proficiency in PC based Microsoft Office suite of programs – Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, etc. and Adobe Acrobat
* Successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
* Demonstrated effective decision making and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Experience with the FAA PMA & STC process a strong benefit
To succeed, the person will need to be detail-oriented and be a team player with the ability to effectively articulate findings. This is a great position for someone who wants a challenging job, a chance to learn an exciting business, and to grow in a successful company.Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
No relocation will be provided.
Seal Dynamics offers growth opportunity, competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted. Forward resumes to JohnBugel@sealdynamics.com. Seal Dynamics is proud to be an EEO employer - EOE/Veteran/Disability.