6 months ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Tampa, Florida
Title: Senior Product Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Engineering organization.
Day to Day:
Senior Product Engineers are responsible for developing and maintaining high yielding, dimensionally sound, and manufacturing efficient processes. They should be able to mentor less experienced engineers in areas such as wax die core positioning, external to internal dimensional relationships, process capability analyses/studies, tooling design/build instruction, casting airflow, and reforming techniques.
* Casting dimensional control.
* Well versed in GD&T as well as dimensional layout techniques, including structured light – bluelight and/or whitelight inspection.
* Ability to communicate and interpret inspection criteria and data with inspectors and customer design engineers.
* Statistically evaluate dimensional data to define improvement opportunities.
* Ceramic core visual and dimensional control.
* Communicate effectively with ceramic core suppliers
* Understand and develop statistically derived dimensional inspection criteria.
* Apply casting B/P limits to core visual quality.
* Lead development projects (NPI) and deliver on time.
* Review customer specifications and blueprints to determine the procedures, testing, and routing sequences required to meet the dimensional requirements.
* Utilize process knowledge, basic engineering principles, and creativity to develop processes that result in the production of quality castings that conform to customer specifications and time tables.
* Develop new technology to support plant initiatives.
* Reviews all layouts, tool reworks and tool construction as necessary to ensure consistency and repeatability of process results.
* Product/ process development for high technology aero and IGT turbine components.
* Interface between customer/OEM design engineering & plant technical/operations team
* Provide daily engineering support to production operations.
* Work with the Customer Service/Sales Department to meet customer requirements
* Supervise process / product qualifications.
* Communicate internally on process / product issues.
* Interface with Customers/Suppliers as necessary to complete tasks.
* Identify and implement Process / Product Improvements.
* Utilize Six Sigma, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques to optimize processes.
What you will do:
* Manage the startup of multiple new parts from blue print receipt to delivery, as well as customer.
* Develop and write engineering instructions for production of new parts.
* Write tool build instructions for core and wax dies along with tool rework instruction to correct and improve parts.
* Manage the daily technical issues as appropriate to ensure a consistent, reliable and timely product.
* Communicate with customers and the Chromalloy commercial team on the technical status of new parts.
* Maintain an ongoing technical interface and discussions with customer via regular meetings.
* Work with process engineers to set up the gating, investing, casting, and heat treat instructions for new castings.
* Provide the necessary technical support as required to other areas of the organization, i.e., Operations.
* Actively participate in NPI design review meetings – concurrent engineering for producibility.
What you need to succeed:
1. Drive for Results – Steadfastly push self and others for results.
2. Intellectual Horsepower – Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably.
3. Strategic Agility – Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented.
4. Interpersonal Savvy – Build constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
5. Commercial Acumen – Strong customer focus and keen awareness and understanding of customer needs/expectations. Gains trust and respect. Aligns key work/processes against customer expectations.
6. Negotiation – Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance.
7. Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up even in the face of resistance or setbacks.
8. Thought Leadership – Intellectually sharp, critical thinker, capable and agile; creates and drives competitive & breakthrough vision, strategy and plans; consistently challenges & improves thinking and decision making of team.
9. Inspiring & Motivating – Shares ownership and visibility, engages and empowers team to excel; builds trust, develops confidence of people and focus to deliver plans; persuasively articulates the strategy, translating into actions and results.
Education: BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Chemical, Materials or Metallurgical Engineering
Advance degree in technical discipline, MS or Ph.D. a plus
* At least seven (7) years related experience in the aerospace industry
* Minimum three (3) years leadership experience in production and new product readiness planning and management
* Technical background related to manufacturing of turbine engine components. GD&T and Six Sigma training a plus. Experience with FAI and Statistical Process Capability submittals required.
* Knowledge of turbine engine components and quality control.
* Knowledge of aerospace industry a plus.
* Solid and extensive experience in production readiness and product introduction planning and management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Good computer skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Candidate must be a self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and successful in working in a team environment.
* Project management and team leadership to successfully complete complex projects within demanding customer requirements.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.