6 months ago
The successful Senior Process Engineer participates in and often leads high visibility operations projects that impact multiple departments within Airport Customer Service and across other divisions. Requires measuring and analyzing current airport-related performance; improving operational efficiency and productivity; identifying and implementing new processes across departments/functions; creating business cases to support strategic direction; and facilitating change management activities. Employs extensive data analysis and interpretation to support decision-making, including time studies and process modeling through simulation software on a continual basis. Liaisons and communicates effectively with peers, field leaders, and C-level management. Also serves as a coach for less senior engineers, co-ops, and interns.
Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* BS or MS in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research; alternate undergraduate degrees must be in a related field such as statistics or other engineering discipline; MBA accepted if undergraduate is in Industrial Engineering and 1-2 years work experience
* Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint); statistical analysis skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience using simulation software (ProModel, Arena, Python, etc.)
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with challenging deadlines
* Availability to travel (both domestic and international) on short notice (sometimes within 24 hours); Travel ranges from 20-50% of a typical work year
* Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with very little instruction or supervision.
* Must also convey professional image with ability to lead, manage, and communicate to all levels of employees in a team environment.
* Databasing knowledge (SAS, Brio, Hyperion)
* Airport operations or aviation experience
* Technical expertise in benchmarking, six sigma, and lean principles
* Ability to influence without authority and work in a matrix environment
* Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
* Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.