4 months ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 62 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Parker Hannifin is looking for a person to be a Technology Lead in the magnetic design of electric motors at the Parker Motor Design Center in the Parker Hannifin Aerospace Group. The motors being designed are used in aerospace and industrial motion control applications. These applications include a wide range of electromechanical actuators and pump systems.
This position will range from mentoring junior engineers up through supporting program management and group staff via presentations and technical support in person with customers. Customers will be interfaced with for all stages from RFIs to proposals, design reviews and through to the resolution of field issues.
A candidate for this position will have a minimum of 15 years experience in the design of electric motors. A Masters or PhD is preferred but not required. The candidate must be proficient in the design of all motor types include brushless DC (Synchronous), AC Induction (Asynchronous), Variable or Switched Reluctance, Torque Motors and other motor types. These motor technologies include both rotary and linear motors. In addition, experience designing magnetic sensors, brakes and clutches is desired.
The candidate will be fully experienced in using industry standard magnetic 2D and 3D finite element tools. A detailed knowledge of first order (lumped) magnetic modelling and the ability to program those models as sizing tools is required.
A detailed knowledge in electronic motor controllers is required. This includes 6 step or trapezoidal, sine drive, space vector modulation and variable frequency controllers. Knowledge and experience with feedback devices typically used in motor control systems is required. An in depth overall understanding of electric motor systems from the electronic motor controller through to the output actuator is necessary.
The candidate will be responsible of all aspects of electric motor design. This will be from supporting initial responses to RFIs, through motor design development to meet DTC and DFM requirements, design reviews, working with motor manufacturing staff and supporting both production and field issues internally and with customers.
1. Develops complex new or refined materials, processes, products, concepts and/or scientific methods by applying advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for assigned area. Promotes the advancement and effective utilization of technology in products and processes.
2. Communicates and coordinates directly with other senior technical representatives (e.g. suppliers, customers, government) to reach agreement on specific technical issues. Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface on technical issues.3. Evaluates advanced project specifications/proposals by studying product or system design and customer technical program requirements (including performance, service and support, and data requirements), to identify emerging technology feasibility, opportunities and risks.
4. Provides expert technical advice and recommendations; may support multiple business units or divisions. Leads major design and technical project reviews. Advises on regulatory and intellectual property concerns.
5. Operationalizes new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance by applying advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques.
6. Completes comprehensive research and analysis concerning manufacturing, processing, or test techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering strategic planning.
7. Communicates and coordinates directly with other senior technical representatives of suppliers, customers, government, or general program information and specific technical issues. Serves as primary contact on product capabilities and future efforts.
8. Conducts analysis and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes and publishing findings and/or results. May review and/or approve the work of others.
9. Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or products. Assesses the soundness of tests when necessary data are insufficient or conformation by testing is advisable. Develops and/or evaluates acceptance engineering evaluation and qualification/certification test plans, procedures and reports.
10. Ensures consistent engineering standards, processes, and documentation methods are used in project deliverable. Establishes and maintains engineering history files and related information to archive technical activities.
11. Maintains advanced level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
12. Acts as consultant to senior management on technical matters. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees. May serve as division or functional specialist.
· Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) Certificate) in an engineering or a science technical discipline; Masters or Ph.D. advanced degree preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 12-15 years of related experience.
· Expert knowledge of emerging product or domain engineering theories (e.g. mechanical, electronic, packaging, etc.), principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies. Advances the portfolio of knowledge through submitting publications or invention patents.
· Demonstrated ability to research, develop, and integrate new technologies.
· Ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
· Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
· Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, research methodologies, and engineering design tools.
· Ability to provide technical direction to the team, customers, or suppliers at project milestones.
· Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)