3 months ago
The incumbent will be responsible with the Assistant Corporate Secretary and Legal Counsel for the regulatory oversight of the corporate secretariat of Transat A.T. Inc. and of its business units, including namely drafting corporate documents and resolutions with respect to commercial transactions and making any regulatory filings required in order to ensure the efficient management of the corporate secretariat of Transat and its business units.
* Work in collaboration with the Assistant Corporate Secretary and Legal Counsel in updating the Annual Information Form and the Management Proxy Circular of Transat and in preparing Board meetings of Transat and its various committees;
* File any annual declarations (REQ among others) as well as any other extra-provincial annual reports of Transat and its subsidiaries;
* Draft annual resolutions of Transat and its subsidiaries and update the corporate books and registries accordingly;
* Assist lawyers of the Legal Department on due diligence with respect to acquisition or partnership projects and any other projects;
* File or renew business names across Canada when required by law;
* Renew yearly the travel licenses and travel insurance licenses and advise IATA of any changes related to the corporate agencies;
* Manage virtual library and update important documents of Transat A.T. and its subsidiaries;
* Assist the Legal Assistant for SEDI insider filings, when necessary;
* Conduct case law research and consult several public registries (Strategis, RDPRM, land and Company registries, SOQUIJ databases);
* Enter corporate data related to Transat and its subsidiaries in the software Legal Suite;
* Draft various contracts, letters or other documents;
* Perform all related tasks including ongoing administrative and file tracking tasks.
* Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Paralegal Technology;
* Six (6) years’ experience or more;
* Bilingual, French and English, oral and written;
* Knowledge of Spanish, an asset;
* Organized, efficient, rigorous and autonomous;
* Knowledge of legal research tools (SOQUIJ) and public registries;
* Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
* Knowledge of Legal Suite, an asset.
Location : Montreal Head Office / Downtown
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Legal
Business segment : Head office
Business unit : Transat A.T. inc.
Job # : AT-18-264
End date of posting : 2018-09-04