6 months ago
Senior Optical Engineer
L3 SSG has an opportunity for a Senior Level Optical Engineer to join our talented engineering organization. Senior members of our engineering staff possess a deep understanding of engineering and optical science principles, are self-motivated and have the ability to work well in a team environment.
The position requires the performance of a range of assignments from conceptual design & analysis to procurement and alignment & test of precision optical systems for the aerospace and commercial communities.
Senior optical engineers are responsible for developing designs to satisfy system level requirements, conducting engineering analyses and evaluation of complex optical systems, documenting design approaches, and developing plans and procedures to fabricate and test optical components and assemblies.
Additional responsibilities include support of customer meetings and telecons, interface with vendors and close interaction with multiple engineering disciplines.
- BS in Optical Engineering or Physics, MS preferred
- 8 plus years of experience in precision optics and advanced optical systems, aerospace applications highly desired
- Experience in optical design & analysis tools such as Code V, Zemax, FRED or equivalent
- Experience with interferometers, test & alignment equipment, and metrology methods is required
- Experience as project or technical lead is highly desired
- Experience supporting new business proposal or IR&D technology development efforts is a plus
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring of younger engineers
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is preferred
L3 Space and Sensors Group (SSG) is a leader in the design, manufacture, and test of space, airborne and ground-based electro-optical subsystems and sensor systems for NASA, DoD, and commercial markets.
L3 SSG is located in Wilmington, Massachusetts, 20 miles North of Boston, 15 miles to NH with easy access to the city, the north shore, and the Seacoast.
U.S. Citizenship is required
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jan 14, 2019, 1:32:22 PM