THIS ROLE IS BASED IN THE USA
** Senior Operational Engineer **
Oaklands Global are currently looking to recruit a permanent Senior Operational Engineer professional to join a reputable aerospace organisation on a permanent basis based in the state of Washington.
** Salary up to $125,000 + 15% Discretionary Bonus **
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Problem management
- Change Management
- Work closely and act as interface with the design and development team of the on board server
- Work closely with partners and airline customer organisations to ensure service support and smooth transition to daily operations
- Ensure fulfilment of contracted service availability and other relevant metrics in the entry into service phase
- 3rd Line Support to operational engineers
- Proactively improve service support and feedback into systems to improve the service offering
- Contribute to create efficient operational and technical processes/procedures
To be considered for the role:
- Background in Operations support within an enterprise environment
- Strong Linux knowledge / background
- Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc)
- Experience in VM environment
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good PC skills with knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, Database programs and Web based systems.
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree (satellite communications / telecommunications /IP Networks/)
- Aviation Experience – Highly desirable
- GX and/or VSAT experience – Desirable
- Working experience on Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- CCNA Cisco certified - Desirable
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.