5 months ago
The OpenShift Platform & Onboarding Engineer will be accountable for engineering, support, and thought leadership as it relates to Delta's Platform-as-a-Service offering. This resource will be accountable for assisting with application migrations to the Delta's containerized Platform-as-a-Service offering. As a member of the Cloud Engineering Team, engineers will also be involved with engineering, support, and thought leadership as it relates to the platform, automation, and other related activities.
- Required Skills/Experience:
- 2+ years' experience working with RedHat Openshift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- 2+ year's experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
- 2+ year's experience with Java, JBoss, Springboot, WAS/WXS, Node.js and enterprise application architectures
- Specific knowledge and experience with migrating and refactoring applications to containerized workloads
- Demonstrated skill in at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Specific knowledge and experience provisioning multi-node HA clusters - including monitoring, performance testing, and application deployment
- Deep conceptual and applied understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and practices
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus or comparable substitutes
- Must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require participation at a given time.
- Must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues, and providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products.
- Experience with VMware technologies such as vCenter, vRA and vRO
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management and Venafi
- Experience with Agile teams, tools, practices & ceremonies (kanban, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry leading standards and emerging technologies
- Monitoring Logging: SumoLogic, Dynatrace, QRadar, UIM, Spectrum
- Implement automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions, with a focus on application concerns including cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated CI/CD pipelines
- Assist application teams with on-boarding to the Openshift platform - Resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
- Serve as a subject matter expert with the ability to explain and translate relevant details of the OpenShift platform and its constituent components to those less familiar
- Building, testing, and administering several highly available RedHat OpenShift Container Platform clusters
- Work with vendors to develop solutions, feature enhancements, and define technical infrastructure environment specific to our organization
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems.
- Monitor hardware, VM and container metrics for the purposes of maintaining cluster health and identifying thresholds for scaling.
- Rotational 24x7 on-call support
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Develop and automate repeatable tasks
- Consult with development users to determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assist with configuration and maintenance of interfaces for related tool integrations
- Performance tuning of infrastructure components.
- Review project deliverables of completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action if necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating as needed
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines as appropriate
- Partner with architects to design and engineer solutions for internal customers
- Develops and maintains a positive rapport with other teams in the IT organization