6 months ago
Join the Boeing Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) organization in providing the platform for performance and productivity that enables secure access anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to provide flexible, scalable, standard and reliable network products and services globally that are secure and position Boeing to have a competitive and sustained business advantage.
NIS provides the connectivity infrastructure that enables all internal Boeing applications and line of business delivery systems to integrate, communicate, and pass data from point to point throughout the company and beyond. The Boeing Enterprise Network is designed with external access opportunities and the ability to connect directly to customers, partners, and suppliers.
This position is for a leader and consultant in the Proactive Network Analytics (PNA) team, which provides 24 by 7 end to end network and systems analysis, solutions, and performance enhancements, as well as technical support and complex problem resolution for the Boeing Enterprise.
We also provide recommendations for compliance and first time quality. The proactive network analysis team works closely with the Integrated Network Technologies team (Network Architecture), Core Services, Automation, Tools & Standards Integration team on IT projects that utilize and cultivate both broad and deep skill sets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Leads the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for both classified and unclassified network transport technologies and services (e.g., voice, video, data, wireless, cable, wire) based on customer goals, objectives, cost and security constraints, to provide input into the design process.
* Leads the performance of complex preventative, proactive and reactive maintenance in order to meet service restoration and network availability objectives, using network analysis and monitoring tools.
* Focuses on the beneficial aspects of change.
* Recognizes a wide range of potentially difficult issues, problems, or opportunities in own work group, across the organization and occasionally with external customers. Determines whether action is needed.
* Identifies the need for and collects information to better understand difficult issues, problems, and opportunities.
* Integrates information from a wide variety of sources; detects trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships. Creates relevant options for addressing difficult problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes.
* Formulates and/or makes recommendations for decision criteria based on issue complexity. Evaluates options by considering implications and consequences and chooses an effective option.
* Implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time. Includes fellow work group members, employees across the organization, and occasionally external customers in the decision-making process as warranted to obtain good information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of the resulting decisions.
* Skill and ability to: collect, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the department level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
* Enterprise level experience in end-to-end troubleshooting across all layers of the OSI model within IPv4/IPv6, unicast, multicast, and anycast environments.
* Experience with troubleshooting network and application issues in 3 tier and/or data center environments.
* Experience and understanding of the TCP/UDP protocol, and routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, QoS, Netflow
* Familiarity with administration of and network technologies used within a LAN, WLAN, MAN, WAN, Perimeter networks, and Data Center networks.
* Participate in an on call rotation, and flexible work schedule.
* Familiarity with using F5, Riverbed, and Cisco products.
* Demonstrated IT discipline versatility.
* Experience in executing network performance evaluations at both micro and macro scales.
* Ability to convey complex, technical information to non-technical audiences.
* Experience with Network Compliance and Network Architecture Design
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award