5 months ago
Senior Naval Marine Propulsion Engineer
Req #: 216295
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
CACI is seeking a Senior Naval Marine Propulsion Engineer who can provide technical and subject matter expertise and feasibility of marine propulsion systems and machinery, ship design specifications, fuel consumption and endurance calculations in support of the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and the Military Sealift Command (MSC) in our Washington DC office.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Develop propulsion design to meet speed and performance requirements.
* Plant performance, drive train and shafting characteristics, bearing selections, propulsor selection, air intake/exhaust systems, and major auxiliary systems directly influenced by the propulsion plants.
* Prepare machinery arrangement sketches to illustrate arrangement of main and auxiliary machinery spaces. The sketches will include concept illustration of major propulsion, electrical and auxiliary machinery components, service tanks for support systems, and combustion air, exhaust and ventilation systems.
* Provide Subject matter expert in Gas Turbines, Diesel Engines and novel feature of current OEM plants offered in the Marine Industry including the latest Regulatory Requirements including but not limited to ABS SVR/NVR, and IMO/EPA Exhaust standards.
* Perform endurance fuel load calculations and estimate annual fuel and lube oil consumption.
* Provide inputs on removals and additions to MMEL and weight estimate.
* Provide recommendations on machinery control system architecture.
* Identify technical risks.
* Capable of mentoring/directing 1-2 less experienced engineers when multi-tasking ship projects.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* BSME, BSCE, BSAE or BSNA/ME
* At least 12 years of professional experience in last 15 years analyzing and selecting propulsion equipment for ship designs
* Ability to write clear reports and specifications in English
* Ability to interface with NAVSEA customers and Program Managers
* Ability to work alone on individual projects with PMs with minimal supervision and with other Engineering Disciplines on a team
* Ability to multi-task and provide minimum supervision and direct and review work of mid-level and junior engineer/ designers and other system engineers that interface with propulsion equipment
* Experience with US Navy and/or US commercial ship design standards
* Ability to write white and point papers with minimal oversight.
* Proficiency with MS Powerpoint and presenting status to clients/PMs
* Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
* Ability to create Presentations, Machinery arrangements/ piping takeoffs in powerpoint
* Good verbal (English) communication skills
* Willingness to travel ≤10% of the time
* Must be a US Citizen
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Ability to create CAD models and Machinery arrangement in AutoCAD
* Knowledgeable in steam plants and/or LNG Propulsion
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Washington-DC-WASHINGTON DC METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.