5 months ago
Senior Naval Marine HVAC Engineer
Req #: 216298
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
CACI is seeking a Senior Naval Marine HVAC Engineer to work with a dynamic team of ship engineers and Naval Architects in our Washington, DC office. You will provide technical and subject matter expertise on feasibility of marine HVAC systems and components, ship design specifications, heating and cooling load calculations, duct pressure loss calculations, and equipment and duct sizing calculations in support of the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and the Military Sealift Command (MSC).
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Develop HVAC system designs / alteration packages to meet temperature and humidity requirements.
* Quantify AC plant and Electric Plant impacts due to HVAC system design parameters, including major auxiliary systems directly influenced by the HVAC system.
* Prepare HVAC equipment and Fan Room layout sketches to illustrate arrangement of HVAC system equipment.
* Ensure that requirements are met to permit the efficient and effective integration of the HVAC system into a ship design model or retrofit into an existing ship physical infrastructure.
* Thorough understanding of air conditioning and ventilation processes, psychrometrics, and duct/fan system performance.
* Provide recommendations on HVAC machinery control system architecture.
* Identify technical risks.
* Also capable of mentoring/directing 1-2 less experienced engineers when multi-tasking ship projects.
* Perform tradeoff, feasibility, and selection calculations for AC plant and major system interfaces such as chilled water and seawater systems relating to new and modified HVAC systems.
* Provide Subject matter expert HVAC System Design and Engineering practices including the latest Regulatory Requirements including but not limited to USN, USCG, ASHRAE, SNAME 4-16, ABS SVR/NVR and SOLAS regulations.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* BS in Mechanical or Marine Engineering (Will consider Non-Degreed)
* At least 5 years of professional experience (5-12 year experience)
* Ability to write clear reports and specifications in English
* Ability to interface with NAVSEA customers and Project Managers and Task Leads
* Ability to work alone on individual projects with PMs with minimal supervision and with other Engineering Disciplines on a team
* Ability to multi-task and interface with colleagues and other engineering disciplines which interface with HVAC design (e.g. Engine Machinery Intake Air/ Ventilation /Cooling Loads, etc…)
* Experience with US Navy and/or US commercial ship design standards
* Ability to write white and point papers with minimal oversight.
* Proficiency with MS Powerpoint and presenting status to clients/PMs
* Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to create Presentations, HVAC system arrangements/ duct layouts in PowerPoint
* Good verbal (English) communication skills
* Willingness to travel ≤10% of the time
* Must be a US Citizen
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Ability to create 2D HVAC system diagrams and HVAC system alteration drawings in AutoCAD
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Washington-DC-WASHINGTON DC METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.