4 months ago
Senior Member Engineering Staff - Systems Engineer
Job ID: 468432BR Date posted: Jan. 21, City: Moorestown State: New Jersey
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Senior Member Engineering Staff - Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- System engineering of Weapons Control System products supporting Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Anti-Air Warfare (AAW), and emerging weapons such as high energy lasers and hyper velocity projectiles.
- Develop fire control, track filtering, weapon guidance, engagement planning, and coordinate system alignment algorithms by performing design trades, simulating algorithms using C++, Python and MATLAB simulations, analyzing results, and documenting findings in technical papers and presentations.
- Analysis, design and generation of computer program requirements; development of test plans and procedures; verification of requirements implementation through software testing; system level test at local and remote customer sites; documentation of results; and detailed analysis of problems with recommended solutions.
- Lead other engineers, whether peers or juniors, in a technical task.
- Plan engineering tasks to meet constraints of cost and schedule.
- Participation in design and code reviews of Weapon System products with Aegis element engineers, the program office, and the customer.
- Off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Domestic travel required and international travel may be required. Travel to and support of customer test events, including ship board events, at domestic and international locations may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering; math; physics; computer science; or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience with proven superior performance in relevant areas.
- Proficient in C/C++ and MATLAB.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
- Master’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering; math; physics; computer science; or equivalent degree.
- Requirements analysis and development including UML/SysML, DOORS, and Rhapsody. Experience in requirements modeling, use case development, requirements management and product line management.
- Demonstrated proficiency developing/executing software test plans and procedures.
- Experience with simulations of complex systems.
- Experience with aerodynamics, missile guidance, orbital mechanics, navigation, control systems, dynamics, optimal estimation theory, Kalman filtering, nonlinear systems, and statistics.
- Knowledge of Java, Python, and Perl.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First