2 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking a talented and motivated Senior level Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer. Position will be based out of Titusville, FL and work will be performed in Orlando, FL.
* Support production and development for multiple Programs (F/A-18, F-15) on-site at local sub-contractor.
* Direct the development and documentation of large scale, complex mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment requirements to establish the system design.
* Develop new design/analysis processes and tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
* Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
* Serve as technical consultant for disposition, corrective actions and coordination with cross-functional groups to identify/implement solutions and drive strategic improvements relative to production processes.
* Define mechanical design trade space and closure criteria.
* Support and approve design reviews, test plans and procedures, critical planning procedures.
* Coach and mentor others.
* Resolve conflicts/interface issues between product organizations.
* Support new business and proposal activities.
* Work under consultative direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
This position is defined as safety-sensitive by the Federal Aviation Administration and is subject to the drug and alcohol program requirements of 14 CFR Part 120 which includes unannounced random testing.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in mechanical, structural, or aerospace engineering or equivalent
* 2D & 3D Design Experience
* Ability to obtain Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience creating or directing structural/mechanical designs using 3D CAD systems
* Experience leading teams or projects
* Experience facilitating meetings between multiple programs and stakeholders
* Experience managing program cost and schedule
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award