Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Permanent Opportunity
TARCG, The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Group.
Our client is an aerospace market leader in rapid prototyping of new aerospace concepts, and modifications to existing aerospace platforms, to meet the most challenging issues facing the industry today. Utilising its aerospace reputation established over 30 years combined with its EASA/MOD approvals to: design, build, test and fly airborne systems, our client provides a comprehensive range of services for both manned aircraft and unmanned airborne vehicles (UAVs/drones).
Working as part of the Mechanical Design Office team within the Airborne Systems Group (ASG), you will fulfil the role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, providing input into all phases of the design process. This may include, design specification preparation, survey work, model creation and production of drawings using CAD software (CATIA V5) for manufacture and installation and the provision of support to manufacturing and installation.
· Start: ASAP
· Term: Permanent
· Location: Cranfield, UK
· Salary: Competitive
· 37hrs per week
· Conform to the company procedures, processes and standards to meet the Technical Specification and to satisfy the Terms and Conditions of contract
· Produce programme deliverables (concept schemes, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
· Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company’s procedures, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
· Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient development of design specifications and drawings
· Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the design, manufacturing, qualification and ‘in service’ phases of the programme
· Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
· Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
· Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews to meet or exceed programme schedule
· Other duties to support company as and when mutually agreed with the Line Manager
· Mechanical/Design engineering degree preferable but other routes that demonstrate an understanding of Mechanical Design are acceptable
· Demonstrable ability to use a solid modelling CAD package, CATIA V5 preferable
· Driving licence preferable
· Working knowledge of mechanical design. Aerospace preferable
· Ability to utilise CAD solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and associated manufacturing drawings. CATIA V5 preferable
· Working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining and composites) and design for manufacture and assembly
· Working knowledge/understanding of application of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques (BS8888)
· Ability to evaluate the mechanical behaviour of designs
· Ability to develop design solutions
· Competent user of Microsoft Office
· Demonstrable understanding of the practical influences pertaining to mechanical design
· Numerate and computer literate
To Apply Now for the role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown.