11 months ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Engineering organization.
Day to Day:
* Conduct mechanical design and analysis of new and repaired turbine, compressor, and combustor components
* Work in a multi-disciplinary team to develop component designs which meet customer requirements for cost, performance, and durability.
* Perform visual, dimensional, and airflow inspections on gas turbine components as necessary
* Make technical decisions on mechanical design and provide mechanical design definition to Product Definition group
* Plan and schedule small/medium/large size programs including manpower requirements and other program needs
* Support creation of CAD models in ProE and/or NX for gas turbine components
* Support creation of drawing package for gas turbine components
* Provide design team leadership and project management
* Prepare written technical reports, specifications, procedures and manuals
* Prepare and present presentations of work to external and internal customers
* Assist in training other personnel
* Work in a lab and field environments. Occasional travel required.
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
* Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Aero or Industrial gas turbine engine mechanical design discipline
* BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering minimum
* Detail knowledge of turbine airfoil design and best practices. Combustion design experience would be a plus.
* Detail knowledge of gas turbine manufacturing processes, finite element analysis, and 3D CAD modeling
* Detailed knowledge of various measuring techniques including CMM, white-light/laser scanning, gages, ... etc. and their use in developing designs
* Familiar with aerodynamic, performance, and heat transfer disciplines
* Familiar with all aspects of airfoil manufacturing (casting, machining, ...etc.) and inspections
* Interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing specifications
* Knowledge of FAA guidelines for PMA and RS-DER requirements and compliance testing preferred
* Capable of developing and monitoring program budgets and timelines
* Thoughtful and effective communications skills
* Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project
* TeamCenter Training
* Fire Safety Training
* OSHA Training
* Export Control
* Training required for this position including but not limited to:
* Blue Light & White Light ATOS scanning equipment, usage, and safety
* Faro Arm equipment, usage, and safety
* CMM equipment, usage, and safety
* This position requires US citizenship or permanent resident status since duties and tasks may include the review and/or analysis of information and technical data subject to certain restrictions regarding export, use, and disclosure including without limitation those included in the US Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR, Chapter VII, Subchapter C).
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.