Operating globally, Monarch Aircraft Engineering (MAEL) supports the airline and provides aircraft maintenance services to third party customers located in Eastern and Western Europe, the Middle East, Australia and North America. MAEL is a leading MRO for new technology aircraft, including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, for which it is one of a small group of worldwide Boeing-approved GoldCare providers. Our employees are our greatest asset and are fundamental to the success of our business. Our team are amongst the most highly trained professionals in the industry and are committed to delivering superior levels of service.
Monarch Engineering; Line Maintenance provider of the year 2017; are in their 50th year. We are a dedicated and customer focused company who are looking for a Senior Mechanic to join our Luton Component Maintenance Team.
As Senior Mechanic – working solely within the Luton Component Maintenance Centre you will be responsible for supporting dedicated tooling calibration and management process ensuring compliance is maintained to British Aviation Industry & Manufacturer Standards.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanic - Luton Component Maintenance are:
· Carrying out calibration / maintenance & repairs to the required standards
· Work with the team to achieve turnaround times
· Maintain Health and safety
· Support departmental efficiency drive, housekeeping and training
· Support other team members
· Provide a professional approach to customers
The successful Senior Mechanic - Luton Component Maintenance, will have the following attributes:
· Tooling calibration knowledge
· Knowledge of H&S regulations
· Understanding of aircraft / handheld and electrical tooling & Calibration standards
· Understanding of manufactures repair procedures
· Knowledge of British Standards AS17025 / UKAS
· Microsoft Office knowledge
· Hand Skills commensurate with tooling calibration workshop experience
· Computer based skills to support certification of parts & reporting
· Technical ability to understand engineering drawings & instructions
· Calibration workshop experience
· Good educational standards in English and Math (to support mathematical equations)
Communication – verbal and written