5 months ago
Senior Materials & Process Control Engineer
L3 SSG is seeking an experienced Materials and Process Control Engineer with the energy and drive to lead Materials and Process Control efforts on key SSG programs in order to deliver overall mission success. The Materials and Process Control Engineer will work with a multidisciplinary team, overseeing and performing parts, materials and process analysis and control efforts, as well as making individual contributions in support of programs with applications in space, airborne, and ground-based optical systems / payloads.
* Lead Materials and Process control effort in all aspects from design implementation, analysis, testing, and on-orbit performance for spaceflight electro-optical hardware.
* Provide engineering support to monitor techniques such as, cleaning processes, cleanliness verification, contamination control processes and other aerospace processes.
* Lead program material approval which includes piece parts to raw materials.
* Oversee aerospace process deployment.
* Apply knowledge in materials selection and process controls as it relates to aerospace structures, payloads and experiments.
* Develop and maintain Materials and Process control plans, FOD control plans, clean room management plans, and other related program, project, and organizational level documents, standard operating procedures, technical guidance, processes, and requirements.
* Develop, review and coordinate related program, project, and/or customer test plans and procedures.
* Train and mentor other team members in materials and process control , FOD, Clean room and other related disciplines.
* Perform other duties as required.
BS or MS degree in Engineering or Chemistry from an accredited engineering school and minimum of 10 years of related engineering experience.
Experience working as a material and process control engineer.
* Must have experience developing and reviewing engineering documentation including:
* Test plans and procedures.
* Design documentation, material and process specifications.
* Familiar with space environmental effects and aerospace material control:
* Requirements definition.
* Process controls.
* Facilities controls.
Existing TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance or the ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI SSBI security clearance.
Competencies / Desired Characteristics
Experience managing clean room operations.
Experience developing and providing training programs.
Experience with MIL, NASA, and other industry specific space contamination control standards.
L3 SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizen Status is required.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade T04 or T05 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position .
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C 3 ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division - SSG-20000054
Feb 1, 2019, 2:21:30 PM