5 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Manufacturing Supervisors in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
STS is seeking a 2nd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor II in Dodge Center, MN. Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
You will be responsible for general supervision of the night-shift production departments and directing activities. Plan and delegate duties and assignments as well as assume responsibility for the maintenance of the production schedule and quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide supervisory support to employees including scheduling work assignments and priorities, training, coaching and motivation
* Promote employee participation in safety, housekeeping, inventory management, quality, productivity, and cost reduction practices and improvements
* Investigate accidents if necessary. Inspect department for safety and health hazardous
* Communicate effectively to employees their responsibility for safety, following safety rules and the reporting of unsafe concerns to their Supervisor
* Using weekly worklists create daily work assignments. Distribute packets and/or worklists to employees
* Closely monitor schedules for each work center’s manpower requirements. Determine overtime requirements
* Monitor needs for additional employees in work area
* Daily release and complete employee time and attendance. Check for accuracy of hours and charged costs
* Maintain vacation and personal holiday forms and lists
* Review production requirements. Identify problem areas and work closely with manager in meeting overall production goals
* Complete accident (injury/illness) reports. Submit completed report to Environmental & Safety Coordinator
* Work with Human Resources to resolve any safety or personnel issues
* Support Manufacturing Engineering in establishing appropriate routings, bill of materials and standards on all parts
* Dimensionally compare received parts, components of final assemblies against blueprints for conformance
* Work closely with Manufacturing to establish test procedures and set ups on products with a history of high warranty claims
* Measure and inspect parts before welding or machining on First Article prototype units. This includes ensuring the parts meet established quality standards and testing equipment is operable
* Perform warrant failure analysis on returned goods and/or manufactured items from customers and dealers
* Test, tear down, and troubleshoot warranty returns. Work closely with Engineering to determine if the reason for return falls under Warranty or other
* Bachelors’ degree in related field is required
* Minimum of three (3) years practical experience working in a manufacturing setting
* Previous supervisory/lead experience
* Excellent people skills, interact with several people and departments daily
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* Good understanding of total manufacturing systems
* Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* Basic Computer Skills
* Ability to make accurate decisions in a timely manner
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
* Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
* Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
* 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
* Wellness Program
* 27 days of vacation within 1st year
* Education Reimbursement options
* Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
STS Technical Services places Mechanics, Engineers, veterans and technical professionals into contract and direct hire positions across the U.S. We work with some of the largest corporate names in the country, and we have hundreds of opportunities for you to explore!
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.