3 months ago
Job Description - Senior Manufacturing Engineering, Systems (104328)
Senior Manufacturing Engineering, Systems -
Requisition ID : 104328
CA-Ontario-Canada, North America
About The Role
This role is a Systems Manufacturing Engineering (ME) contact person focused on quality and reliability of MX Product. Working in a cross-functional team with engineering, production, manufacturing engineering and procurement, this person is responsible for improving the quality of WESCAM product, in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This role is responsible for ensuring WESCAM’s new product is manufacturable and has robust processes through the production lifecycle. This person also provides support to other ME’s with their expertise in manufacturing and product quality.
About L3 WESCAM
At L3 WESCAM, we develop the most advanced and complex optical and sensor systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see farther and react quicker.
L3 WESCAM offers a culture of true innovation and collaboration, and above all - work that you can be proud to be a part of. What we do protects and saves lives around the world.
Learn more about what we do…
* Lead and participate in assigned projects related to New Product Introduction (NPI) or Sustaining activities within Operations Engineering
* Collaborate with the Design Engineering team as required to resolve operational technical issues and the development of new systems processes
* Create and maintain operational procedures associated with Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) procedures - including thermal and vibrational tests
* Responsible for the development of manufacturing processes and procedures for WESCAM products. This includes the creation of PFMEA, SPC, First Pass Approval (FPA), control plans, tooling and test procedures
* Support translation of product specifications from engineering to manufacturing procedures
* Contribute and execute the technology and capital roadmap
* Leadership and support for continuous improvement initiatives and projects
* Utilization of cellular manufacturing, design for manufacturing, SPC, 5S, Point Of Use, etc.
* Identification and monitoring of first pass yield and rolling yield
* Take action on yield issues to develop corrective action and process fixes
* Lead tiger teams in quality issues as they pertain to containment and corrective action activities
* Identify failure trends & systemic issues, conduct 8D root cause analysis and implement permanent corrective actions
* Support documentation changes, including assembly procedures, Work Instructions and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) authoring
* Reviewing change requests generated by engineering and production staff, and implement changes as required
* Act as a back-up point of contact to the Manufacturing Engineers responsible for frontline support of a Cell Team
* Support any other business priorities as required by Operations Engineering leadership
* Ability to manage multiple priorities within a Project-based environment
* Excellent knowledge of Systems, Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing and Process Engineering
* Technical communication skills both verbal and written
* In depth knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles
* Must be well organized, goal oriented and able to give attention to detail
* Able to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization
* Able to read and understand Mechanical drawings and Electrical schematics
* AS9100 knowledge and experience an asset, but not required
* Experience using SolidWorks, Composer and AutoCAD an asset, but not required.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Must have a well-rounded mechanical background with manufacturing engineering experience in a high tech environment
* University degree; or 3-year College diploma coupled with relevant work experience in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Systems Engineering
* Minimum of X years of work experience in a manufacturing engineering capacity
* Green Belt Certification or equivalent industry lean experience
* PMP designation an asset, but not required
* P.Eng designation an asset, but not required
Life at L3 WESCAM
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3 WESCAM employee
* Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
* Free on-site gym
* Free wellness programs
* Free fruit and bagels
* Subsidized cafeterias
* Beach Volleyball courts
* 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Canada, North America
* Work/Life balance that is supported
* Real opportunities for growth and development
* Everyone’s role at L3 WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3 WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems market and a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on both military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
Organized into 3 segments – Electronic Systems, Communications Systems and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems – L3 Technologies employs over 31,000 people worldwide with reported 2017 sales of $9.6 billion.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day - 1st
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Organization : Division L-3 Wescam