5 months ago
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion-dollar Company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Shur-Lok manufactures fastening systems with superior locking devices for critical requirements including engine module assembly, structural assembly, rotor blade attachment, and aircraft engine shaft and spindle applications. Operations at the Irvine location include CNC Machining, CNC Waterjet Cutting, Laser Marking, Heat Treating, NDT, and EDM.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, under limited supervision is responsible for applying engineering principles to drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, components, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, testing, facilities, quality control standards, Six Sigma and Lean tools.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs contract review of the customer’s requirements from Purchase Order (P.O.), specifications, and drawings.
• Prepares routers (manufacturing plans) for the production processes.
• Prepares work instructions/procedures for the production processes.
• Works with customers (internal and external) to support program’s needs.
• Performs root cause investigations to support production technical issues. Knowledgeable with 5-why’s and fishbone diagram.
• Supports production to ensure attainment of business goals, including addressing quality issues, working with maintenance to address equipment failures, working directly with manufacturing personnel to ensure a smooth running operation.
• Identifies, analyzes and delivers on continuous improvement opportunities. Justifies then requests required resources to complete initiatives. Manages projects to successful completion. Uses Six Sigma and Lean tools to aid in this effort.
• Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods. Documents standard work with work instructions.
• Manages specification, selection and execution of major capital and tooling acquisitions in order to drive technology improvements that positively impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Inventory.
• Ensures all work is in compliance with environmental, health and safety standards, industry specifications, customer requirements, company standards and related specifications.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 8 years experience in engineering in Aerospace or a related machined components industry.
• Functional personal computer skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
• Six Sigma Green or Black belt highly preferred but not required.
• Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement process and practical tool application
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry specifications, customer specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering highly preferred), Manufacturing Technology or a related discipline from four-year college or university required.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to operate a forklift, as needed
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.