8 months ago
Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The Operations Engineering team provides engineering resources to support Operational performance and major product development projects; from design through to engineering build and production support, to end of life of product. The team provides full product lifecycle support including prototype design & build, development and integration of the build documentation and supporting requirements of full production build.
This role will focus on performing Physical Configuration Audits (PCA’s), maintenance of the As Built Records (A0096 documents) for all deliverable LRU’s and systems delivered to the customer and governance of Manufacturing Data Pack (MDP’s) for use on the shop floor.
As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer is the recognised point of contact for all matters related to their area of expertise, providing related process advice, problem solving and identifying improvement opportunities in existing practices.
The Senior Manufacturing Configuration Engineer will drive a proactive approach to right first time quality to promote improvements in the downstream processes, will enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards on time deliveries to the customer.
* Tracks and reports on the configuration of the As-Built standard of manufactured assemblies at LMUK Ampthill in accordance with command media and contractual requirements in preparation for delivery to the customer.
* Ensures the timely creation of As-Built Records for retrospective uplift work, including evidencing the embodiment of Change and closure of Concessions.
* Oversees and reports on the creation of As-Built Records for internal assemblies and deliverable items.
* Tracks the embodiment of change into WIP and SAP Planning in line with Programme rhythm.
* Leads the PCA’s and any incremental audits as required.
* Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
* Governance of manufacturing Process Instructions for MDP’s and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
* Manages the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with LMUK Ampthill command media.
* Chair the Manufacturing Configuration Control Boards (MCCB).
* Tracks the alignment of the above documentation to correct released engineering baseline.
* Reviews the Touchstone process for Manufacturing change to ensure applicability maintained within area of responsibility.
* Provides the training for any new configuration systems and procedures across Operations when required.
* Reporting of Change Embodiment in Work in Progress (WIP) and SAP Planning.
* Assist with the management of Statements of Work (SoW) for uplift packages.
* May support the Manufacturing Engineer with the creation of SAP planning as required.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Management processes
* A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support the configuration control principles with a challenging Programme environment.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM’s and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
* A high level of SAP/Windchill experience / knowledge is essential
* A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
* Has experience in defining and governing document standards.
* Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business
* An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
* Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
* Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
* Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
* Capable of obtaining SC – Security Clearance
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience in activities & techniques relating to the introduction of new products (NPI)
* CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
* Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture
* Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* Project Management Experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.