2 months ago
January 10, 2019
Senior Manager Planning & Supply Chain
United Kingdom, Heathrow/West Drayton
Gate Gourmet, Planning & Supply Chain
Posted on January 10, 2019
The Senior Manager Planning & Supply Chain will lead and enable the Supply Chain team(s) to deliver, sustain and improve customer, business and statutory requirements while overseeing the reduction of operating costs and achieving operations excellence (gateOPEX). This job holder will initiate and support continuous improvement initiatives (for example, LEAN, Flow and value stream mapping) in cooperation with all operational associated departments and support functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Management of the company's Non-Food and Food materials, defined as all the necessary material for the operational departments.
* Procurement, storage and management of stocks
* Internal distribution in the non-food material plant, and food including "rotating" management
* Operational coordination of materials management area Non-Food, and Food, becoming owner and responsible for its management throughout the unit, implementing the standardization procedures of orders, inventory management, replacement, definition of quantities, frequency of deliveries, etc ...
* Management of productivity and efficiency of its area of responsibility, guaranteeing compliance with the objectives established in the budget, monitoring daily and using the defined management tools (OPRS)
* Financial accountability for own process (for example, labour, material, CapEx, OpEx).
* Meet customer KPI’s and manage customer expectations.
* Proactively manage team performance and provide development/succession planning opportunities.
* Resolve conflict/provide solutions by exercising high levels of influencing, negotiation and communication skills. Be a role model for the company values.
* Maintain legal/compliance across health and safety, food safety, Department for Transport (DfT), security, gateOPEX (in-house operational excellence programme).
* Define systems of working to ensure quality of product, service to the customer and team progression/development.
* Follow company and process procedures.
* Instigate and support continuous improvement initiatives.
* Rotate through different departments/units as reasonably required.
* Degree educated and/or demonstrable continued professional development at a senior level.
* Professional qualification in operations/logistics preferred.
* Experience working in Logistics or Supply Chain sector within a fast-paced environment.
* Experience of managing large teams within Transport logistics, Food Hygiene/Health and Safety/high security environment preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years management experience with demonstrable leadership and senior management activities and responsibilities.
Other Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
* Intermediate to advanced IT skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Excellent communication and presentation skills. Concise and professional in delivery.
* Proven leadership ability. If you have keen attention to detail, this could be the next step in your career.