6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
As a Castings Commodity Manager located in Windsor Locks, CT you will have the responsibility to;
* Develop and implement robust cross-business regional/global strategic commodity strategies and supply chain projects.
* Support enterprise commodity team negotiations and negotiate UTC Aerospace Systems specific contracts following standard Supply Chain policies and procedures for creation, approval and ongoing administration of strategic contracts, and negotiate and execute complex contracts with Castings Department Suppliers.
* Manage Projects by leading cross-functional resources in key strategic sourcing and operational excellence initiatives.
* Drive the implementation of new sourcing and cost reduction strategies with the business units.
* Facilitate and manage RFX's in line with UTAS and UTC strategies and One Company Playbook.
* Establish and manage key metrics for cost, cash flow, compliance and performance for suppliers and the business units.
* Minimum of 7 years experience in commodity/supply chain/procurement leadership with increasing levels of responsibilities.
* Experience in related activities in aerospace may be acceptable (operations management, program management). Contracts negotiations or negotiating terms and conditions.
* Strong Project Management negotiating
* Cost Savings Delivery
* Relationship Management
* Client/Customer Focus
* Contract Management skills Develop and drive plans to completion
* Must possess a proven ability to handle multiple customers and priorities with minimal supervision. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
* Must possess the strong strategic vision to develop a long-term strategy.
* Proven knowledge of procurement and supply chain modern processes and techniques.
* Demonstrated success in developing tactical plans and carrying through to successful execution.
* Experience in leading key projects or programs for complex commodities in a high matrix organization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis on Supply Chain Management Finance or other related fields.
* ISM, CPM, APICS, CSCP certification and/or Master's Degree desired.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.