About the role
Qatar Airways Ground Services Division is currently recruiting for Senior Manager Baggage Operations Support role.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, executing and providing support to ongoing baggage initiatives within the company. You will lead the Baggage Operations team and ensure that the Department functions in an efficient and cost-effective manner always taking into consideration the customer satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
• Develop strategic planning approaches and processes to support application infrastructure. Plans and implements baggage initiatives for performance improvement to meet and exceed baggage performance goals.
• Designs and develops strategic project plans to ensure baggage initiatives, policy changes and programs supports positive experience for our customers and provides front-line staff with the information, procedures and tools.
• Drives the design of the baggage systems, including incremental improvements and product innovations.
• Leads the training and development of all network team including Hub team on the knowledge and skills on Baggage Services.
• Leads the creation of baggage design solutions to improve asset productivity and resilience. Drives the design solutions to enable the business to optimize and create capacity through baggage processes and systems enhancements.
• Analyses data and report pertaining to Baggage Operations Department and provides solutions to compliance failures. Analyses data from multiple sources and identify needs and opportunities for improvements to mitigate baggage transfer related failures.
• Monitors network Airports for all aspects of service in the baggage operations as well the entire process within the HUB above and below the wing operations.
• Designs and lead the implementation of the departmental plan for delivery of the company’s Baggage operating strategy.
• Manages and monitors costs. Ensures that every station are practicing the best cost saving strategy when assessing baggage claim compensation.
• Sets the annual Baggage target for the network stations.
• Ensures that KPIs and SPIs of the department are achieved.
• Maintains excellent working relationship with key stakeholders within the HUB and across the network.
• Increases efficiency of relevant processes and resources utilization to maximize performance improvements. Stays abreast of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance.
• Provides leadership through example to in-house teams and those of stakeholders, driving high levels of motivation for all staff that interact with and provide service to our customers.
• Provide leadership coaching and support to teams, Baggage Services Manager and Baggage Services Duty Managers maintaining a close link to our frontline staff, emphasizing development, dedication, quality and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of job-related experience.
• Solid management experience.
• Extensive Baggage services and operations background.
• Knowledge of Baggage systems e.g. World Tracer
• Airline experience.
• Strong communication skills. Fluent in English language. Fluency in Arabic language is an advantage.
• Highly organized and with good attention to details.
• Able to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Able to foster teamwork among team members.