5 months ago
As a member of AAR Government Programs operational leadership team, the Senior Manager of Maintenance Planning will provide maintenance management, scheduling, production operations, and related maintenance oversight to planned, new, or existing government Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) and/or maintenance programs. This position requires detailed knowledge of fixed and rotary wing maintenance operations across an array of fleet types. The position will directly support and enable new program standup operations by developing and introducing the maintenance approach, plan, and schedule for a given program in line with contract requirements and best commercial practices. The position reports directly to the Director, Field Operations, Government Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plans and schedules corrective, preventive, predictive, and proactive maintenance activities utilizing coordinating with on-site program leadership and fielded maintenance personnel.
* Coordinates with Supply Chain to ensure the flow of material, supplies, and parts necessary to conduct maintenance activities.
* Develops, reviews, and maintains master production schedule(s) and work orders to establish priorities to maintain maintenanc turn times, production needs, and ultimately aircraft availability requirements.
* Prepares daily planned maintenance job packages, required task lists, and supports the development of spare parts kits.
* Supports root cause problem solving and analysis of maintenance costs, activities, and trends.
* Supports development or refinement of preventive maintenance tasks and schedules.
* Supports on-site program leadership with maintenance expertise, planning oversight, and the implementation of best commercial maintenance practices.
* Ensures on-site program leadership maintains the necessary tools, resources, and specifications necessary to ensure effective, safe, and timely operations.
* Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors and direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities.
* Acts as the headquarters liaison between on-site maintenance managers and Quality Assurance personnel maintaining adequate quality controls and practices throughout all program maintenance activities.
* Participates in Government Programs CLS Safety Board providing SME insight into maintenance practices and procedures affecting Environmental, Health and Safety for fielded personnel.
* Maintains Government Programs Ground Operating Procedures handbook.
* Works directly with Business Development to establish compliant, executable, and efficient maintenance operations in support of larger proposal efforts.
* Establishes and maintains effective work relationships across AAR departments and on-site program leadership; maintains professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
* All other duties as assigned
* Commitment to company values and ethics
* Personally responsible, dependable, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
* Must be self-motivated, maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
* Makes constructive and creative suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Must have the ability to carry out and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
* Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
* Ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
* Must possess coaching and development skills
* Must maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism
*Must be organized, detail oriented, and prepared
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university plus 5 years of related experience; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds and comply with OSHA standards
Job : Defense
Primary Location : United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Schedule : Full-time
Overtime Status : Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran