5 months ago
Senior Maintenance Manager
10 months ago(5/1/2018 5:26 PM)
# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of line maintenance at their assigned station(s) including contract maintenance personnel and maintenance managers
* Provides managerial oversight of Maintenance Managers and stations as assigned.
* Periodically conducts analysis of flight schedules, past and future to match manpower to flight activity changes.
* Coordinates manpower and personnel schedules to provide adequate manpower coverage as needed to support aircraft line maintenance operations.
* Reviews all delays for improvement opportunities and tracks On-Time performance for assigned station(s).
* Ensures the safe and efficient maintenance of company aircraft within their station / geographic area, in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for managing, coordinating and providing oversight for contract line maintenance personnel in their station(s) and geographic area as assigned.
* Ensures personnel under their supervision are trained and qualified in accordance with GMM policies and procedures.
* Monitors the training, qualifications and level of proficiency for maintenance personnel at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
* Monitors Flight Schedules and fleet status to ensure best use of resources, ground time and aircraft routing.
* Coordinates line maintenance requirements with MCC, Workload Planning, Materials, Quality Control, and A/C Planning Departments.
* Maintains surveillance of line maintenance activity at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
* Coordinates resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical events or AOG situations.
* Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems and recommending changes in procedures.
* Responsible for coordinating the timely repair of deferred maintenance items on aircraft transiting assigned station(s) and/or geographic area.
* Ensures shift turnover and work interruption procedures are followed to ensure incomplete maintenance work is completed before an aircraft is returned to service.
* Ensures station(s) provide accurate and timely updates to MCC for maintenance and aircraft AOG status information.
* Monitors maintenance history, AHM, Repeat Item and Oil Watch Programs.
* Formulates corrective action plans for mechanical problems and deferred maintenance items in coordination with MCC.
* Maintains communication with Regional Director to ensure cost effective application.
* Ensures station(s) are performing timely entry of log page discrepancies and parts changes in TRAX.
* Ensures personnel in their assigned station(s) / geographic areas are versed in the use of the TRAX system.
* Ensures station(s) are monitoring spare engine status and engine change kit rediness.
* Maintains liaison with Ground Operations and Flight Operations to ensure safe and dependable operations.
* Enforces safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards.
* Performs duties and responsibilities at field locations away from home base as assigned.
* Flies on company aircraft as assigned to support aircraft operations around the world.
* Performs self-audits of station(s) / geographic area as needed.
* Develops and manages station(s) / geographic area budget(s).
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
* Must maintain Atlas Air qualification and authorization for Airworthiness Release for aircraft assigned to station(s)/region.
* Experience on 747/767 aircraft or equivalent wide body aircraft required.
* Previous managerial experience required.