7 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We have a great opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Senior Learning & Development Consultant to partner with the business to take our Learning environment to the next level. The right person will thrive in a fast-paced, "all hands on deck" environment, and can move quickly as a builder and do’er in a startup culture. Based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, you’ll also support our other global locations, so a great understanding of different cultures and understanding complexities of working with different time zones is a definite advantage.
Skyscanner employees are constantly looking for opportunities to grow and you’ll drive innovative technical training programs that enable continuous development. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a wide range of learning resources, ranging from classroom training to mobile learning technologies, to ensure that all our employees are on-boarded seamlessly and have the knowledge and skills to be great in their roles. Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an operating culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. The role sits within our Internal Growth Tribe (the people team).
Are you experienced in e-learning? Have you delivered technical training? Do you thrive on building relationships? If you have a passion for the development of people then this could be the role for you.
What you can expect as a Senior Learning and Development Consultant
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* An opportunity to design and deliver training courses and effective development solutions that meet business needs and overall strategy
* A place where you can thrive on innovative learning practices in the industry, consider the impact of technology on the organisation’s Learning strategy and recommend appropriate action
* The opportunity to drive training initiatives in key projects and processes such as employee engagement, performance management, and talent development
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What we are looking for
* Experience in designing, shaping and delivering learning strategies in a high-growth, fast moving internet economy business
* Excellent consulting skills, with the ability to collaborate to develop solutions
* Experience in both classroom and web-based learning, with an interest in innovative approaches and technology
* Experience in coaching senior managers and colleagues
* Self-driven. You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily
* Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of interventions on the business - you get a buzz from seeing the metrics
* Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimise process
* Knowledgeable. Experienced in learning practices such as needs analysis and evaluation. Strong program management and facilitation skills with proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
* Motivated. You understand the impact of highly-satisfied, excited teams
* Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and relish the chance to shape the learning strategy in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization
* Identify learning needs and collaborate with HR partners and senior managers to understand organisational capability and implement bespoke training
* Promote the Skyscanner company values in all learning resources
* Manage the internal communication of learning programmes to build awareness and understanding of all that is offered by “Skyscanner University”
* Select and manage 3rd party providers (where appropriate) to support the development and delivery of L&D programmes
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Glasgow -
Situated in the vibrant city of Glasgow. Our office is in the heart of Glasgow’s city centre near the city’s shopping, eating and socialising hotspots. Home to many of our product engineering and growth squads and has a dedicated area for mob programming. With space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 60 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.