about 1 year ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As a member of the Corporate Audit & Advisory team, the Senior IT Auditor will be expected to lead and perform risk-based audit and advisory projects within the context of Information Technology and Services at Air Canada.
The scope of assignments will cover the complex systems involved in running a state-of-the-art airline as well as the processes to support those systems, focusing on maintaining the security, integrity and availability of the information. Additional responsibilities could include advisory and testing assistance for business process audits.
The individual will report to the Manager, IT Audit, Risk and Compliance and will work with them to help meet the annual objectives of the team.
* Assist in planning, leading and performing company-wide, risk-based audits and studies of IT operations, processes and systems, and assess the adequacy of risk management over the Company’s business processes and information supporting the strategies for the achievement of the Company’s organizational objectives.
* Review conclusions of audits, prepare reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations.
* Plan, lead and conduct audits of third party companies providing computer and related services to the Company (including SaaS providers), and review their operations and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information; adherence to contractual terms; and accuracy of billings.
* Document, test, and evaluate control effectiveness as well as assess/monitor gaps and remediation efforts related to IT General Controls to ensure the Company and its subsidiaries comply with rules established by Ontario Securities Commission National Instrument 52-109.
* Provide support and manage the relationships with external auditors, in matters dealing with IT system controls.
* Participate in the planning process of business process audits, providing insight related to Information Technology impacts, as well as providing guidance on the effective and efficient use of data analytic procedures.
* Provide testing support for other audits and investigations where the scope includes the extensive use of Information Technology.
* Support automation requirements of the Corporate Audit & Advisory group, and provide development assistance in the creation of continuous auditing and/or monitoring technologies.
* Monitor audit progress and performance of IT audit staff and participate in training and development of this staff.
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team as well as exhibit experience of interactions with senior management.
* Must hold undergraduate degree in a computer-related field, business or related discipline.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of consulting engagements as well as in conducting IT and/or IT Security audits.
* Professional certification such as CISA, and/or CISSP.
* Knowledge and awareness of the following would be an asset:
* IT Governance frameworks (for example, COBIT, ITIL, etc.).
* Information Security frameworks and compliance programs including but not limited to NIST, PCI DSS, ISO/IEC 27001.
* Familiarity with laws and regulations in the areas of governance (GDPR, OSC), and permissible use of data (PIPEDA).
* Experience using data analytic tools, specifically IDEA.
* Airline experience and knowledge of airline processes would be a distinct advantage.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare concise reports to senior management.
* Proven analytical abilities, as well as strong planning and organization skills.
* Valid passport and ability to travel (nationally and internationally), sometimes on short notice.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.