8 months ago
Tuesday, March 6, 2018Apply
Under general direction of a designated manager or supervisor, Senior Industrial Engineer’s are assigned major programs of broad technical and organizational scope.
Kaman Air Vehicles & MRO
30 Old Windsor Road
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Conduct time studies as required.
* Act as the lead person for lean activities. Act as a champion; solicit/recruit other employees within the workforce to conduct value stream mapping and miscellaneous kaizen events.
* Measure and report performance to budget for production, quality, mfg engineering & engineering for required programs. Maintain and publish Site, Division and Corporate metrics. Maintain operational Estimates at Completions.
* Maintain / improve Kaman’s competitive position by identifying, justifying and implementing operational improvements.
* Provide support in the form of cost analysis, cost tradeoffs, build plans, schedule related manpower plans, budgets and performance to budget data.
* Perform make versus buy analysis, and provide recommendations to management as required.
* Maintain proficiency in utilizing p.c. software for spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation. Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel and databases /spreadsheets is required.
* Create and update routing labor standards used for performance measurement, work package status, and lead-time calculations.
* Oversee / maintain the data base for lead-time dependency data and work centers.
* Interact with production control and production to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions for capacity constraints (monthly). Assess capacity and identify, highlight and report areas of capacity under or over utilization. Coordinate with Business Development to identify market opportunities for excess capacity.
* Prepare and present the monthly manpower plan update for operations and engineering, coordinating staffing adjustments and requisitions.
* Coordinate with other functional areas and provide both the analysis and presentation to senior management on special projects as required.
* Respond to special request(s) for open capacity, workload by customer and/or project and process capabilities.
* Prepare capital equipment requests with cost justification that meets Return on Investment criteria, coordinating with users, vendors, Manufacturing Engineering and FT & E.
* Assist in the training and assimilation of new Industrial Engineers into the workgroup as required.
* Have a general knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and the impact that various changes have on the ERP system and the performance of production.
Job Specific Skills
* Difficult work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new and consistently changing problems.
* Requires outstanding judgement, initiative, and ability to deal with complex factors and ability to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated.
* Must make Decisions Based on Conclusions for which there may be little precedent.
* BS/BA in Industrial Engineering or a related field (e.g. Mechanical Engineers, ect.) with experience in the aerospace field desired.
* 7-10 years related experience to qualify
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information, or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens, or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens, or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”), and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights, to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.