6 months ago
The Senior HR Manager, Asheville Plant, will demonstrate accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. The Sr. HR Manager will integrate and develop processes that meet short-term and long-term business needs across the organization. The Sr. HR Manager will contribute to the overall strategy and will resolve complex issues and maximize human capital while driving strong employee relations across the facility.
* Provide leadership and expertise for the full scope of Human Resource (HR) functions including:
* All aspects of professional employee relations
* Hourly Relations
* Employee Benefits
* Employee Engagement and Involvement
* HR Policies and Practices
* Organizational change and development
* and Communications for client groups
* Perform a leadership role in recruiting, selection, performance management and career development
* Consult with the clients to define roles and missions and design the organizational structure and organization effectiveness
* Lead and facilitate change efforts
* Provide counsel in the design and implementation of compensation and recognition programs
* Provide support or deliver training on a variety of Human Resources topics including interviewing and EEO compliance
* Conduct annual reviews of organizational design
* Lead annual organization and people review process including:
* Organization strategy
* Succession planning
* Manager and employee training
* Facilitate communications throughout the organization including employee attitude surveys
* Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment
* Develop appropriate human resource plans in support of key business needs in a dynamic, changing environment and develop and implement appropriate change management plans as required
* Effectively lead and develop the Asheville HR team
* Partner with Value Stream HR team and broader Supply Chain HR team on key initiatives
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Or High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Human Resources, Employee Relations or related field)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a variety of Human Resource positions both staff and client based
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial / Labor Relations or Business Administration
* Prior experience in areas such as arbitration, national labor relations board proceedings, EEO / AAP compliance and litigation
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* HRLP Graduate (GE Employees only)
* Strong coaching skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Unison Engine Components - Asheville is a leading supplier of close tolerance, complex, rotating, thin wall aero-engine components from premium grade materials. Products include disks, shafts, forward outer seals, cooling plates, blade-retainers, rotating air seals and heat shields. With over 50 years experience, we have earned a reputation for the highest quality. We use cutting-edge techniques, such as abrasive flow process, shot peening, abrasive waterjet cutting and dual plane balancing to enhance efficiency and minimize costs. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; North Carolina; Asheville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.