about 1 month ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior HR Generalists in Nashville, Tennessee.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at.
Supports Human Resources and over-all department in all major HR related areas, with focus on: training and development, HR reporting, compliance and process improvements as a well as employee relations, some recruiting, sourcing/selection, back up or as needed for orientation (in-doc) and monitoring of workers compensation/safety.
* Position will handle/manage any facility and/or state, federal reporting, have hands-on with employee benefits, workers compensation, FMLA & ADA
* Hands-on with any/all HR related topics and/or situations regarding employee engagement
* Front-line promoter/manager for facility internal Climate Survey process and action-items teams & plans
* Direct contact for Climate survey process, as well as employee engagement/activities surrounding it
* Advise Sr. leadership team and/or Project Manager, Asst. project Managers, Supervisors, ‘Lead’ and employees on company policies and procedures; as well as employee relations related issues/situations
* Establishes and develops a pro-active relationship and communication channels with management and employees of those departments regarding H.R. related topics
* Communicates and ensures compliance with various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and Company programs
* Partners with management of assigned areas to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues, corrective action/coaching, benefit and payroll information, and any other areas of opportunity relating to Human Resources services and products
* Carries out various support activities for the department, such as: general filing and document organization, copies, distribution of material to the areas, events organization, research, etc. Participates in development and implementation of activities of HR Programs
* Prepares correspondence and personnel reports as needed/required
* Assists with coordination of employee activities and special events
* Responds to authorized requests for employment verifications
* Prepares documents, reports, forms, data input and general forms for HR activities, based on facility support/guidance. Includes daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as requested/needed
* Assists with any special projects as required/delegated
* Assist Compensation and Benefits department with payroll and/or benefits related support: medical/dental/vision/ 401 (k) etc. May include presentations and applicable knowledge of subject matter
* Assists with other Administrative duties as required as well as provide input on changes to personnel policy/procedure manuals etc.
* Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), FMLA, TN workers compensation etc.
* Interview applicants (Behavioral format) to obtain information on work history, training, education and job skills; and conduct reference and criminal background checks on applicants – related directly to COMPANY and/or SIDA badges
* May also involve setting up interviews for other managers
* Develops, manages and implements employee HR-related action items/plans as needed
* Coordinates and monitors unemployment claims and represents COMPANY if needed
* Supports and performs HR-related training materials/sessions
* Performs receptionist duties as needed (back up)…answers facility phone and/or ‘night’ phone line and directs calls accordingly
* Active member of P3E cell and active member on QCPC team if needed
* Desired candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
* Require a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Prefer 5 or more years’ experience in human resources in a generalist role dealing with several aspects of Human Resources, including benefits, recruiting, H.R. administration, analysis and reporting, and control of policies and procedures
* Human resources programs, activities, information systems, tools, techniques, and laws (ADA, FMLA, EEOC, FLSA, etc.)
* Benefits Administration and Payroll routines
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point
* Demonstrated knowledge of HR related concepts and procedures
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Prefer a strong administrative background and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
* Strong analytical skills; ability to multitask and prioritize numerous critical tasks
* Knowledge of iVantage, ADP a plus
* Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
* Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required; candidate MUST be able to work 2nd shift hours and/or weekend day(s) as scheduled by Director-HR
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
16 days ago
only 13 days until close
2 months ago
only 4 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
27 days ago
only 20 hours until close