about 1 year ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior HR Business Partner (aka Talent Manager) to support our growing Budapest tech hub. You’ll report directly into our Senior Talent Manager, supporting employees across our Product Engineering teams.
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an operating culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. The role sits within our Internal Growth Tribe (the people team) you’ll partner with the managers and support colleagues in our Budapest office.
Are you a team player with a knack for building relationships and consensus with people at all levels while maintaining confidentiality and trust? Are you results driven? Do you have a passion for making Skyscanner a great place to work? If you are flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome then this could be the place for you.
What you can expect as a Senior HR Business Partner
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* An opportunity to be responsible for handling complex and sensitive situations, you’ll support multiple projects; from performance management and feedback workshops to succession planning and retention strategies, all the while thinking about maintaining the fantastic culture and environment we’re lucky enough to work in
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What we are looking for
* Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience
* Proven track record of delivering successful people initiatives across within a fast paced, high growth environment
* Ideally, you’ll come from a similar technology/internet sector where you can really hit the ground running
* You will build relationships and consensus with people at all levels while maintaining confidentiality and trust. You're willing to help wherever needed. You work with managers and the talent department to solve problems
* You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organisation
* You’ll have an extensive knowledge of Hungarian employment law
* A self-starter who’ll be comfortable working in a remote team. You operate with a ‘lean start-up’ mentality, adapting quickly to the needs of the business and happy to work in a start up culture
* You are analytically oriented and make data-driven decisions
* Naturally curious and ask relevant questions. You look to improve and optimise processes. You like to keep your own ER knowledge up to date regularly
* A charismatic people person who can earn trust and build relationship across all levels of the organisation
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
Skyscanner can offer you large-scale, complex problems where you can reach 60 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.