3 months ago
Senior FPGA Electrical Engineer - Military Avionics
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The Military Avionics COE has an immediate opportunity for a Sr FPGA Design engineer as we grow our Phoenix organization. You will be part of a connected, global team of experts innovating and developing advance technology avionics that deliver robust, safe, and high value solutions to our customers. As an experienced FPGA Engineer, you’ll be a critical member of a team that researches, designs, develops and integrates FPGAs for Military Displays and Mission Processors within Honeywell's Military Avionics Center of Excellence.
You will be a key technical focal point across Military Avionics engineering teams creating solutions and systems that meet the evolving needs of our customers. By collaborating with customers and broader engineering teams, you will drive FPGA design direction and methodology developments. Job activities include FPGA design, simulation verification, hardware/software/FPGA integration, engaging with FPGA vendors, and participating in advance research initiatives for developing advance design technologies for future avionics systems. As an experienced technical engineer, you will leverage advanced FPGA development tools to deliver leading edge designs that produces high impact business results while also providing support and guidance to junior engineers.
FPGA Design for military products
Simulation and verification
Engage with FPGA vendors
Advance research initiatives
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Engineering degree
• US Citizenship
• 8+ Years Total FPGA Development Experience
• 5+ Years Developing FPGAs for Military Applications
• 3+ Years Developing FPGAs with VHDL
• Experience developing FPGAs for high speed communication interfaces, processor interfaces, memory interfaces, graphics processing, or video interfaces
• Strong knowledge of FPGA Design and Simulation Tools such as ModelSim or Questa
• Extensive experience developing designs implemented in Xilinx, Altera/Intel, or Microsemi FPGAs
• Experience developing with SOC FPGAs
• Experience with advance FPGA verification methods, languages, and tools such as SystemVerilog OVM, UVM, or UVM Framework.
• Experience with version/change control repositories such as Subversion, GitHub, or Clearcase
• Experience supporting high reliability process flows and/or standards such as DO-254
• Experience developing FPGAs in both Linux and Windows OS
• Knowledge and/or experience in the methods, analysis, and technology required for developing robust high integrity designs for Aerospace applications
• Knowledge and/or experience with FPGA SEU mitigation techniques
• Continuous Growth, Innovation, and Engagement in Industry Technical Conferences and Consortiums
• Military Service
• Engineering Master’s Degree
* JOB ID: HRD62628
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.