Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Senior Flight Dispatcher
Client: My client is one of the world’s leaders in VIP aviation.
Summary of the role: To support our Operations Control Centre department, we are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated Senior Flight Dispatcher. I am looking for a highly committed, reliable, communicative and enthusiastic Senior Flight Dispatcher with excellent manners, good team spirit and outstanding interpersonal skills. If you like working in an international, multicultural environment, then I look forward to receiving your application.
Main duties and key responsibilities include:
- Flight scheduling (requesting and arranging overflight/landing permits, handling and fuel arrangements, additional supplementary services)
- Flight dispatch and operations control (flight planning, crew briefing, meteo and NOTAM analyses, movement control, crew control, irregularity handling, emergency response)
- Airport and Route analyses and feasibility checks to support commercial and flight operations department
- Operational administration (updating tools and databases used in operations department, operational daily reports)
- Crew notification
- Administrative duties relevant for flight dispatch department
Qualifications and experience shall include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a VIP flight dispatch environment, with worldwide flight operations (dispatch certificate or dispatch license as well as ETOPS experience are an asset);
- Ability to interpret weather and NOTAM information as well as airport/airspace NAV charts;
- Familiarity with aircraft performance, (preferably with wide bodied aircrafts), international regulations, EASA rules, operations manual (OM) and flight entry requirements. Previous experience in a military and/or governmental flight operation department will be considered as a strong asset;
- Proactive personality with strong organizing skills, team-oriented, flexible approach and able to provide solid results under high pressure
- Excellent communication skills in English / oral and written; additional languages will be preferred;
- IT skills/experience in use of dispatch related software – flight planning systems (i.e. Jetplanner), SITA/AFTN communications, sched/ops control systems and MS Office applications
- Willingness to work on shifts;
- Willingness to relocate to Malta, unless already living in Malta;
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!