3 months ago
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a design and manufacturing environment, with significant Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience (Creo preferred, as well as others such as NX, CATIA, or SolidWorks), Model Based Definition (MBD) experience, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) knowledge, experience developing and building Top Installation Assemblies, and surfacing and building weldments experience. Experience working in a Product Data Management (PDM) environment desired, Windchill preferable.
* Provide technical support in the areas of analysis, verification, measurement support, and equipment characteristics. Functions independently or as part of a project team to provide assistance in all phases of engineering-related projects.
* Perform appropriate engineering computations, measurements, and analyses in support of technical activities.
* Perform technical aspects of project work either independently or jointly with engineers.
* Acquire and review technical data from appropriate documentation (e.g., technical manuals and internal and external reports), automated files, and other internal or external staff.
* Review and interpret many complex sources of equipment characteristics data and performs analysis or manipulation to satisfy the project or database activity needs.
* Design and develop engineering sketches, drawings, graphs, slides, and charts for preliminary or final reports or briefings.
* Assist in the training of less experienced staff.
* Prepare written inputs to major reports documenting an engineering analysis and authors or co-authors reports, as required.
* Verbally presents information at project review sessions and in informal interface with customers.
* Complie with security procedures in the performance of duties
* The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a SECRET clearance.
* Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Has a thorough knowledge of the organization's databases and the types of information stored in each file."
* High School Diploma
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.