6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
A segment within the ES business unit, Pratt & Whitney Engine Systems (PWES), is seeking a highly motivated individual to perform the Program Quality Lead role in support of PWES programs (i.e. F135, PurePower, F100-119, CEDU, AETP, etc.) and customers.
* Be the primary program quality interface with customers and internal management, for reviews and presentations.
* Use customer and internal metrics to create, lead, and/or implement improvements that drive customer satisfaction.
* Communicate improvement plans and progress to the organization and customers.
* Lead sites and teams to effective improvements using various ACE/Lean/Six Sigma Tools; 8D, PDCA, DIVE, PFMEA, VSM, Kaizen, and the like.
* Lead & execute quality initiatives such as Zero Defect Plan®, UPPAP, Process Certification
* Possess the ability to communicate successfully with all customer and organizational levels.
* The position will report to the Sr. Manager, PWES Quality – Military Programs and be located in Windsor Locks, CT
* 3 years in quality,engineer and or Operations
* 3 years experience identifying root cause and corrective actions
* 3 years experience with Microsoft Office
* SAP Experience
* ASQ/CQE Certifications
* Six Sigma Certifications
* Strong Problem solving skills
* thru understanding of Quality and improvement (fault tree, Root Cause tools, Kaizen events etc.,.. )
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills in all levels of the customer and organization
Education: BSME science degree or technical or engineering or business discpline
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.